The Accredited in Public Relations (APR) designation proves you have successfully demonstrated competency in the knowledge, skills and abilities required to practice public relations effectively in today’s business arena. Begin your application and study process.
Six Steps to Accreditation:
1. Apply for Eligibility
- Initiate the process on your own timetable.
- Submit eligibility form and application fee to PRSA.
- After notification of eligibility, access study guide and online exercises.
2. Complete Readiness Review Questionnaire
- Download readiness review questionnaire.
- Request a readiness review through PRSA.
- Submit four copies of questionnaire to Nikki Lavoie, Accreditation Chairwoman (minimum of 1 month before the scheduled review).
3. Participate in readiness review
- Present your portfolio and respond to interview questions.
- Panelists will score your knowledge, skills and abilities in 16 areas and direct your study preparation.
- PRSA notifies you to advance/not advance to the written exam.
- If advanced, you will receive a unique ID No. to use to schedule exam.
- If not advanced, you may repeat the readiness review after 90 days.
4. Request Coaching, Mentoring, Support Services
- Request coaching and support services through the Accreditation Chairwoman.
- Join a study group.
5. Schedule your Exam
- Call 800-274-1900 (Prometric Testing Centers) to schedule your exam using your ID No. You may use a credit card for payment.
- You must complete the exam within one year of receipt of your ID No.
6. Take the Exam
- Receive immediate feedback at the Prometric Testing Center on knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Receive official notice from PRSA of pass/fail within 8 weeks.
For information about the accreditation exam, please contact Nikki Lavoie, our accreditation chairwoman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delaware Chapter APRs
- Jennifer Powell Acord
- Carolyn White Bartoo
- Jennifer Johnston
- Nikki Lavoie
- Allison Taylor Levine
- Scott Mash
- Beverly Payton
- Suzanna Rogers
- Catherine Rossi
- Michele Schiavoni
- David Skocik
- Samuel Waltz